Saturday, August 21, 2010
Fruit Tartlet...yeay finally I did fruit tartlets..very happy with the result :)
I got this recipe from Kak Ummi thank you Kak Ummi. The pastry recipe was from Alex Goh and the custard filling's recipe from Rinnchan.
Here is the recipe
Souce : Chef Alex Goh
100g icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon milk powder
1. Beat (A) till soft. Add in B and continue beating till well mixed.
2. Add in (C) to form a soft and smooth dough.
3. Take a bit of dough and press it onto the tart casing. *grease the tart casing with a bit of butter
4. Poke the base with a fork. Bake for 12 minutes or till golden brown. Remove from oven and let it cool.
Note : Tart shells must be kept in an airtight container.
Source : Rinn
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons custard powder or cornflour (I use custard powder)
8 tablespoons sugar
2 cups (500ml) fresh milk
2 tablespoons butter
1. Mix flour and custard powder/cornflour in a pot and add 2 tablespoons fresh milk. Stir to mix.
2. Add in egg and mix.
3. Add in balance of the milk.
4. Cook on low fire and stir continuously till the mixture is smooth and not lumpy ..I use whisk to stir the custard
5. Once the mixture thickens and shiny, it's ready. Remove from fire and allow to cool. Ready to use.
TO ASSEMBLE :
1. Pipe the custard into the tart shells. I used a piping bag with a star nozzle to do the trick.
2. Arrange the fruits of your choice.