NUFFNANG

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nasi Hujan Panas.... why only 3 colours?

Good Day Peeps !!! While cooking this rice my Alya asked me this question why only 3 colours why we can't put more colours like rainbow? I answered her...."because these are the colours that peope usually use and furthermore I have only these 3 colours"...well frankly speaking I didn't know how to answer her actually but why not maybe next time I'll put more colours then it can be Rainbow Rice instead of Nasi Hujan Panas...phewwwww luckily she did not ask me why named it "Nasi Hujan Panas" kekekekee.... then I should start googling for the answer ......as for now do enjoy the "Nasi Hujan Panas" :)

I served the rice with Ayam Masak merah, Mix Vegt & Papadom...

The recipe from Kak Ummi


Ingredients :


4 cups Basmathi rice ~ soaked for 10 minutes ( i soaked for 1/2 hour),washed and put through a strainer
5 cups of water
2 chicken cubes
2 screwpine leaves
food colouring - green,yellow,red
2 Star anise (bunga lawang)
1 Cinnamon stick (kulit kayu manis)
3 Cardamon (buah pelaga)
3 Cloves (bunga cengkih)
1/2 onions ~ sliced
2 cloves garlic ~ sliced
1/2 inch ginger -sliced
1 tablespoon ghee
2 tablespoon cooking oil
salt to taste
For garnishing
Fried shallot
raisins




Method :

1. Heat a pot and add in the cooking oil and ghee.

2. Add in the star anise, cinnamon stick, cardamon, cloves, shallots and garlic. Fry till fragrant.

3. Add in rice saute for awhile..then transer to a rice cooker

4. Add in water, salt. chicken cubes and screwpine leaf. Stir well.

4. Leave to cook.

5. When almost ready, put a few drops of coloring on three parts of the rice. Do not stir.

6. Leave it for a while, then stir to mix.

8. Sprinkle the raisins and cover to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment