NUFFNANG

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Very Easy Lemon Yoghurt Cake....my midnite companion!!!!

Wooohooooooo it's Thursday already :( time really flies !!!!!!..... Last nite while doing some work my mind was thinking something sweet to bite for 'a break' so these what I did :) I got this recipe from my fren Faizah quite some time ago...just look at the title "Very Easy Lemon Yoghurt Cake"....don't you love how it sounds hehehheee.......yeappp it's easy..easy...really easy :)


The recipe is taken from allrecipes.com

Allow me just C& P the recipe :-

2 lemons, rind, grated finely
1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
2 eggs
1½ cups (250g) raw sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (250g) Greek style plain yoghurt .....I used normal plain yoghurt
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 cups wholemeal (280g) self raising flour .....I used normal self raising flour





Preparation method
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Extra time: 5 minutes

1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 23 cm cake tin. ....I used papercups

2.Grate all the peel from the lemons into the mixing bowl. Add the oil, eggs and sugar beat with a beater until thick and well blended.

3.Add the salt, yoghurt and lemon juice and beat again briefly to mix well. Fold in the flour.

4.Pour the cake mixture into a the prepared tin and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until the sides start to shrink, the centre springs back when pressed and a skewer comes out clean. It will be slightly moist. ...it took only 10 minutes for me...since I'm using papercups

5.Leave to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before turning carefully out onto a cooling rack.

6.Serve slices sprinkled with a little icing sugar and top with thick clotted cream or just whipped cream. ...I omitted this

No comments:

Post a Comment