BEING A MOTHER IS THE MOST UNAPPRECIATED JOB, LOW PAID, NO LEAVE OR PUBLIC HOLIDAY,
ALWAYS DOING OVERTIME BUT NO EXTRA PAY FOR IT,
BUT THE MOST REWARDING JOB WHEN WE SEE OUR CHILDREN GROW TO BECOME WHAT WE WANT THEM TO BE....
THE BEST REWARDS WILL COME FROM ALLAH...INSYA ALLAH AMIN.
Today I made this simple Blended Orange cake....no mixer is involved (At the moment I'm in the total hate relationship with my mixer.....sign to get new one ..I guess )
Happy Mother's Day Mak.......we all love you so...so...so much :)))
Recipe from Hana
- 1 orange....I use one large orange
- 1 cup vegetable oil - I use 3/4 sunflower oil & 1/4 melted butter
- 2 cups castor sugar - I use only 1 cup
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder* ( *sift together with the flour )
- Clean the orange, - grate the orange rind...only the orange coloured.
- Peel the orange cut into small pieces, except the white pulp
- Put the orange rind, orange, oil, sugar and eggs in the blender...blend smooth...I add 1 Tbsp of orange sunquick juice
- Stir in the blended mixture into the flour little by little and mix well...I use a hand whisk
- Put the mixture in the greased tin cake...I use cup cake cases
- Bake at 170 C for 40 minutes
- 125g icing sugar
- 5 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice