NUFFNANG

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blended Orange Cake ....and Happy Mother's Day !

Today is a Mother's Day ...Mom, mummy, mak, umi, ibu, mama.....different spelling but have the same meaning. I received this text from my sister and would like to share with you all :)))))

BEING A MOTHER IS THE MOST UNAPPRECIATED JOB, LOW PAID, NO LEAVE OR PUBLIC HOLIDAY,
ALWAYS DOING OVERTIME BUT NO EXTRA PAY FOR IT,
BUT THE MOST REWARDING JOB WHEN WE SEE OUR CHILDREN GROW TO BECOME WHAT WE WANT THEM TO BE....
THE BEST REWARDS WILL COME FROM ALLAH...INSYA ALLAH AMIN.

Today I made this simple Blended Orange cake....no mixer is involved (At the moment I'm in the total hate relationship with my mixer.....sign to get new one ..I guess )

Happy Mother's Day Mak.......we all love you so...so...so much :)))



Recipe from Hana

Ingredients
  • 1 orange....I use one large orange
  • 1 cup vegetable oil - I use 3/4 sunflower oil & 1/4 melted butter
  • 2 cups castor sugar  - I use only 1 cup 
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1 tbsp baking powder* ( *sift together with the flour )
Methods
  • Clean the orange, - grate the orange rind...only the orange coloured.
  • Peel the orange cut into small pieces, except the white pulp
  • Put the orange rind, orange, oil, sugar and eggs in the blender...blend smooth...I add 1 Tbsp of orange sunquick juice
  • Stir in the blended mixture into the flour little by little and mix well...I use a  hand whisk
  • Put the mixture in the greased tin cake...I use cup cake cases
  • Bake at 170 C for 40 minutes
For the topping I made simple sugar icing recipe  from Rima

  • 125g icing sugar
  • 5 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in the orange juice until you have spreadable consistency. Spread it over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides, and leave to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment