Before I go to zzzzzzzz........I made this for lunch today. Goodnight peeps...have a good week ahead :))))
This recipe is taken from Kak Ummi
In the original recipe the fish is steamed however I deep fried the fish. Coat the fish with some salt and cornflour before frying.
- 1 seabass - about 600 gm
- 100 ml water
- 2 Tbsp oil
Ingredients to be minced finely:-
- 5 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cm young ginger
- 2 red chillies
Ingredients to be shredded finely:-
- 1/2 torch ginger bud @ bunga kantan
- 2 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 4-5 Bird's Eye Chillies
Ingredients for sauce:-
- 2 Tbsp blended dried chillies
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp plum sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp sweet soy sauce
- Prepare the steamer. Coat the fish with salt for 10 minutes.
- Put a little bit of oil on the plate. Place the fish and put some water.
- Steam the fish until cook.
- While the fish is steaming , heat oil in a wok fry the minced ingredients for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sauces and mix well.
- Cook until the sauce boiling, add in the shredded ingredients, water from the steamed fish, and salt.
- Cook until the sauce thickened and spoon gravy over the fish.
- Garnish and serve as desired.