NUFFNANG

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chicken Pie

Oh OMG !!..it's 8 p.m already there goes my holiday !. We did no go anywhere today though it's a public holiday the reason is Alya will be sitting for her exam soon. This morning I was thinking to do some gardening I digged a hole planning to plant some flowers but then I realized for the past couple of months the monkeys had been attacking all my flowers then I stopped digging and keep on thinking what plant does the monkeys will not disturb or better still to keep them away..........ermmmmmm?????????????

while the question still on my mind I made this Chicken Pie....

The recipe from Dr Ezura

Crust :
400 g flour (sifted)
200g margarine /butter (cold)
pinch of salt
7 - 8 tablespoons water (from the fridge)


Method :

- Margarine + flour + salt, make into breadcrumbs (use fork/knife).
- Add water till soft dough is formed.
- Divide into 2 portions and let it rest for at least 20 minutes
For filling I slightly change the ingredients and the method I made the filling as follows:-
450g chicken fillet (diced)
100g Cheddar cheese (grated)
1 onion (diced)
1 cup of sliced button mushroom
1/2 carrot (diced)
1 1/2 cup fresh milk
1 egg (for glazing)
60g margarine
2 tablespoon oil salt and pepper
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp worchester sauce (Lea & Perins)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp dried oregano/ mixed herbs
1/2 chicken cube
Method :

- Heat oil and add the onion and cook until the onion is clear or translucent.
- Add the diced chicken.
- when the chicken is thoroughly cooked stir through the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomato ketchup, worchester sauce, carrot, mushroom, herbs and chicken cube. Stir thoroughly to   combine.
- Add butter,milk salt & pepper and simmering until the mixture quite thick then add the grated cheese and set aside.






- Roll thin the dough for the base. Put it in the pie dish. Poke with fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 c.
- Put the filling onto the baked base.
- Roll thin the second portion of the dough to cover the filling. Trim the edges and press with a fork to seal. Make small slits on top.
- Decorate as desired with the remaining dough.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 40 - 45 minutes

Note : Just like Dr Ezura I made the chicken pie into small chicken pie and I also able to make 16 pieces.



Also today I made some Mazola cookie


For the recipe you can view  here

Well that's all peeps........Goodnite as for me my day will start early tomorrow as I'm going to Seremban for work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment