I get the recipe from here.....Yes the recipe says it's apple strudel not apple puff but since I use ready made puff pastry I think it's fair to call it Apple Puff rather than Apple Strudel hehehee :)))
Ingredients for filling:-
- 5 Granny Smith Apples....peeled and sliced
- 110 gm of sugar or about 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 7 gm of corn flour
- 50 gm of raisins
- 35 gm butter
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- powdered sugar.......or icing sugar for presentation
- juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon
- Place a pan on a medium heat. When hot, add the butter, let it melt and then add the apples. The apples will need to be cooked through, which will take about 7-10 minutes in total. Stir them occasionally. After a few minutes, add the sugar and mix again.
- Let it cook for about a minute more and then add the raisins, almonds, and cinnamon and mix.
- Now combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, and corn flour in a little bowl and add them to the apple filling. Stir it in thoroughly and let it thicken. Then, remove the filling from the heat and place it on a metal tray to cool.
For the Apple Puff....
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Take 1 piece of the puff pastry (thawed)
- Arrange apple filling down the middle of the pastry lengthwise.
- Fold the pastry lengthwise around the mixture. Seal edges of pastry by using a bit of water on your fingers, and rubbing the pastry edges together or else you also can use a fork pressing onto the edges of the pastry. Whisk egg and milk together, and brush onto top of pastry.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
I served the Apple Puff with ice-cream and custard sauce. For custard sauce recipe please click here