NUFFNANG

Monday, April 25, 2011

Roast Chicken and.....the rambling of a tired woman

Weekend .....hooorayyyyyyy (to some) unfortunately not for me !!!! As for me a long list of "To Do" chores ermmmmm. I was not on my feet for one week...down with flu,fever and very bad cough...with this combo.... I was not able to do all the cleaning and mopping. So this weekend I am determined to do all these chores or otherwise I was not able to close my eyes and keep on thinking about it...over...and...over ....again pathetic isn't it? Since I was busy cleaning ..I have not much time to spare in the kitchen. I prepared this roast chicken...simply because it does not require lot of time monitoring...I just can put the chicken in the oven and let it roast for 2 hours..and in the meantime I boiled the potatoes, blanched the vegt and prepared the black pepper sauce...yippppeeee lunch is SERVED !!!




Here is the recipe :-

ROAST CHICKEN

1 Whole Chicken
5 cloves of garlic
salt *
black pepper coarse *
dried oregano *

**** to suit your taste

butter

Methods :-

Clean the chicken, take out
Rub the chicken inside & outside with a generous amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Do this in the morning if possible then cover and leave it in the fridge until you're ready to start cooking for lunch or dinner.

Take out the chicken 30 mins before it goes into the oven. Pat the chicken with the kitchen towel.Carefully with the chicken cavity facing you peel the skin of the chicken away from the flesh without tearing it then put some butter in it try to reach to the drumsticks. This will make the chicken skin crispy when roasted. Rub all over the chicken with olive oil. Preheat your oven to 180 C .

Roast the chicken for 2 hour.You can tell the chicken is cooked when thigh meat pulls easily from the bone and the juices run clear.


BLACK PEPPER SAUCE

Black Pepper coarse
2 Tablespoon butter
1 cube of chicken stock
4-5 Tablespoon of fresh milk
1 litre of water
cornstarch
salt


Methods

Take the juice from the roast chicken and put it in the pan
Add in the other ingredients and cook the sauce
Thicken the sauce by adding the cornstarch mixture.
Cook until the sauce is thicken as desired.





MASHED POTATOES

2 Potatoes meduim sized
100 gm butter
50-80 ml fresh milk
salt
white pepper

Methods :-

Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil
Cut your potatoes into golf ball sized pieces
Put them into the water and cook until the potatoes is soft
Drain and put other remain ingredients and mashed the potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment