It's Kung Pao chicken ye not Kung Fu Panda hehheeee! Very quick and easy recipe...I made this for dinner after coming back from work and manage to put the dish on the table before 8 ( I marinated the chicken before I left for work this morning and keep it the fridge).
The recipe is taken from Kak Nor Secubit Garam
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces *
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce *
- 1 tsp corn flour *
Fry the chicken and set aside
FOR THE SAUCE to combine :-
- 1/4 water + 1/2 cube chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp sweet sauce sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili sauce @ garlic chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar ........I did not put this !
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp corn flour..........I mixed the cornflour and water and later to thicken the sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil + 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 8 dried chilies
- 2 garlic
- 2 inch of young garlic ....thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted cashew nuts
- Leave about 2 Tbsp the oil from frying the chicken in the wok
- Fry the garlic and ginger until soft
- Then add the dried chillies.
- Add the sauce and cook until the sauce thicken............I added the cornflour at this point.
- Then add in the chicken and stir with the sauce until well combined for 5 minutes and lastly add in the roasted cashew nuts.
- Serve hot with white plain rice.................ENJOY!