NUFFNANG

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Curry mee........I loike :))))

Happy weekend peeps ...have a good day ahead. early day for me today as Alya is having '1 murid 1 sukan' today. She was very excited that she woke up at 5 this morning hadoiiiiiii :(((( After she has gone to school I made this curry me for breakfast....hmmm it has been awhile since the last time I made curry mee .................Slurrrppppp delicious!!

The recipe from From my kitchen

1/2  kilo prawns.....remove shell. Use the shell to make stock by boiling water & the shells
1  bowl of cooked cockles ***
2  tbsp dried shrimps *
    belacan *
3  onions *
4  garlic cloves *
1  inch ginger *
1 inch galangal *
3 small packets beef/chicken curry powder....I used 3 tbsp
1 handful laksa leaves @ vietnamese mint @ daun kesum
2 torch ginger bud @ bunga kantan
8 candlenuts *
3 lemon grass..........I did not put this *
2 Tbsp blended dried chili paste *

Blend all the ingredients marked *
Coconut milk......I used  1 packet coconut milk 200ml
Tamarind Juice
Cockles ***
Fish balls
Tauhu pok
1 sprig curry leaves (use only the leaves) ***
1 kaffir lime leaves (shredded) ***
cooking Oil
Yellow mee...blanched....I used angel hair spaghetti 
I added ingredients marked ****



METHOD :-

Heat the oil in a  large pot fry the blended ingredients over medium-low heat until fragrant. Add in the curry powder (mixed with water to make a paste ), curry leaves & kaffir lime leaves.
Add in tamarind juice.
Fry the paste until the oil begins to rise to the surface.

Add in the stock and bring to boil.
Add in the coconut milk, tauhu pok, fishballs, cockles, prawns,laksa leaves and the ginger bud .
Add in salt and continue cooking until gravy is thicken. Take out the laksa leaves.

Garnishing ingredients :-
Crisp-fried shallots
2-3 red chillies, seeded and sliced
Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
Bean sprout...blanched
Green mustard @ sawi...blanced

Serve the yellow mee with gravy together and the garnishing ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment